If you are looking to upgrade your qualifications and have skills and knowledge developed in your career, recognition of prior learning (RPL) and skills recognition could be the perfect option for you.
Get Qualified Australia uses RPL assessment to reviews your career experience and matches it against the competency requirements in Nationally Recognised Qualifications. RPL is a valid assessment method endorsed within the Australian Qualifications Framework. It can be used to issue Australian qualifications in the vocational education and training sector.
RPL provides an opportunity to “fast track” qualifications based on your career knowledge, without the need for study. The simple, fast and convenient self-paced assessment process is used to verify you have clear knowledge and understanding of expected industry standards.
RPL and skills recognition provides numerous advantages, many you may not have considered, so here is my detailed list.
CONVENIENT, QUICK & PERSONAL
- RPL is a simple, fast, cheap and legitimate alternative to fulltime study;
- The RPL assessment process is made personal for each individual and gives consideration to your specific job history, experience, skills and various jobs performed;
- RPL saves you considerable time and there is generally no requirement for extra study or training (unless gaps are identified); and
- repetition and duplication of learning will be eliminated because you won’t repeat college training or study.
DEFINING YOUR EXPERIENCE
- RPL gives full consideration to all skills and experience you gained working “on the job”.
- Your career knowledge is clearly defined and verified by “mapping” it against industry standards contained in Training Packages;
- RPL accurately clarifies the complexity of your knowledge and expertise in overlapping industry fields, so you can easily achieve multiple qualifications; and
- Self-paced online learning options are available to achieve competency if gaps are identified in your career experience.
FLEXIBLE AND EFFICIENT
- Flexible timeframes for RPL assessment allow you to gather evidence in your own time, without imposing on current work and personal commitments;
- Many varied forms of evidence can be used to prove your competency, including manager references, testimonials from industry colleagues, work appraisals, skills reviews, copies of work documents you use or create, projects you have completed, photos, recordings and videos.
- RPL considers learning that has taken place outside of the ‘formal’ training environment, such as seminars and industry workshops; and
- Any “informal” experience have you gained can also be used as evidence, including volunteering or charity work, unpaid internships or work experience.
- RPL is endorsed as part of the Australian Qualification Framework, the guidelines for vocational training and assessment in Australia;
- Your career evidence is reviewed by skills assessors that are highly qualified in their industry fields and hold the qualifications being assessed;
- You are issued with a Nationally Recognised Qualification from a Registered Training Organisation with a full list of the Units of Competency you achieved; and
- Pathways to complete further study at a higher level are available and the qualification can be used to obtain credit exemptions– this includes tertiary university study such as Bachelor Degrees, Graduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Masters Degrees.
GETTING AHEAD IN YOUR CAREER
- As you gain qualifications your confidence, self-esteem and a sense of accomplishment will increase, because your career skills are fully confirmed and validated;
- Industry peers and colleagues will know your skills and experience has been reviewed using complex RPL assessment processes;
- Adding qualifications to your resume will open up career options such as promotions, pay rises and it will give you more credentials when seek new job opportunities;
- RPL provides access to qualifications for people that might not normally have opportunity to complete ‘traditional’ study due to commitments and financial limitations; and
- RPL builds and strengthens your options for ‘lifelong learning” and encourages people to continue with further study and career advancement opportunities.
If you are currently considering options for studying, you should definitely look at RPL and skills recognition with Get Qualified Australia first. You will be surprised with the range of qualifications that you could be eligible to obtain.
It’s a quick, simple and effective method to upgrade your career options.